Hello loyal followers! I’ve been busy the last couple of weeks finishing up finals and projects for my first semester as a graduate student. Woo-hoo, I’m glad to report all went well, and I am still alive, and as inspired as ever to continue my transformation! Every once in a while it is good to step back, evaluate, and adjust your goals, or the route by which you wish to achieve them. My results after evaluating my original goals were this:
- I still want to continue my original goal of total body transformation and hope to see major results by the end of the summer.
- I am going to take a break from waking up at 5:30 am to go to boot camp classes
- I am going to continue a mostly paleo diet
- I am going to start preparing for my first 5k, The Color Run on June 28th
- I am going to do something active (and mostly dog friendly) every day, for the next 30 days
- I am going to increase my water intake to at least 1 liter a day
My goals have remained the same, but the path on how I get there has changed. I really liked my boot camp classes, and I will incorporate a lot of what I learned into my running/training routine, but I need a break from waking up so early. As far as my diet goes, it seems to be working for me and I seem to like the routine of meal prep. It has proven to be more cost effective and I get to come home for lunch and relax from work for a little while. I chose to set the goal of the Color Run since it is a little over a month out, and I want to have a goal to keep me motivated to do something active every day for a month. Since I have been so busy with work, school, and personal fitness I have been an awful dog Mom. I owe it to Emmy to show her that I didn’t forget about her and that I still love her. There’s only so much homework a dog can stand, so we’re going to get active together. I’ve always struggled with drinking water, so I’ve added lemons and limes to my shopping list and will be making fruit-infused water to drink each day in hopes of increasing my water intake.
As for my 30 day activity challenge some of the activities will include:
- Walking the marina
- Swimming (Emmy doesn’t care for this one, but she loves to go to the beach!)
- Softball (Emmy will have to sit this one out too)
- and others
Mainly I will be using the Couch to 5K app to train for the Color Run, so I will be doing lots of walking, jogging, and running. I plan to include my plyometric exercises into my running training to help break up the repetitive nature. I also plan on doing basic arm strengthening exercises to balance out my top and bottom halves. 30 push-up challenge anyone?
This is the guideline for the pushup challenge I’ll be doing, and no, I won’t count the pushups as my “daily activity”. Who wants to join me? The 30 day challenge will run from May 17-June 15th. Leave a comment below and let me know if you want to join in on the fun, we can stay motivated together!